Saturday, November 1, 2008

It's hell getting old.

I can't remember squat these days. If it isn't written down and sitting in a prominent place, like on top of my purse, then I will forget it. I went to the grocery store 3 times last week because I kept forgetting my list, and thus forgetting what to buy. I even went so far as to put the list on my purse, but then I had to write a check for Zachary's school lunch account and set the list to the side, and guess what? Yep, I forgot to put it back on top of my purse so I would remember to take it with me. I'm pretty sure that if my head wasn't screwed on I'd forget it too.

The past 2 weeks has been a bit busy as well - so that's not helping my memory issues either. I started making Katie some hairbows and so many people commented on how cute they were that I decided to make up a few extra and take them to a local store. Well, who'd have believed it but they liked them and are now selling them in their store! Of course, this also means that all of my free time has now been eaten up by making hairbows. It's pretty fun though and makes me feel as though I'm being "creative" - something I'm far, far from!

Zach had his last football game last Saturday. He had a fantastic game! He ran a hand-off for 80 yards and a touchdown! Then later in the game, he caught a pass in the end-zone for a touchdown!!! He was getting "tackles" (flags) left and right and having an absolute ball - and gee, it was 40 degrees with a wind of about 15 mph, so we were freezing our rear-ends off! Oh, the fun of football season!! He started his basketball league today. That was interesting since he's never played. He actually was doing pretty good until a kid from the other team stole a pass from him and he got so frustrated that he started getting all weepy. He wasn't really crying, but still Mike and I were just like "sigh..............". He's got such a strong will to always be the best - must be the best at everything - it just drives us nuts. Once we got him home we showed him how to step around the kids and to block them and prevent them from stealing passes in the future. He's still mad about it though..........can't imagine where he gets THAT from..............that apple didn't fall far from the tree!!! Anyway, hopefully I will have time tomorrow to get some photos posted of his games.

Zach also had a character parade at school on Friday. They dressed up like their favorite storybook characters and carried the book that their character was in. It was so cute and the kids were so excited that they could actually read about their favorite characters instead of just watching them on tv or at the movie..........go figure!!!

Katie's been having a difficult week with her asthma and allergies. Ended up taking her to the doctor on Wednesday because I thought she was sick. Nope just all the crud in the air. Put her back on Singulaire and the difference is like night and day. She's still loving school and loves her teacher to death. It's so cute that every night she wants to know if tomorrow is a school day. She's still having fun with tap and ballet - although she discovered gymnastics today and now wants to take that. I'm not sure I'm up for yet one more night of activities.

I started my women's Bible study group this past Wednesday. I was supposed to start last Wednesday, but they didn't call me to give me any of the info - and to be honest, I totally forgot about it until late Friday night. Ah well. This past Wednesday's study was wonderful and really filled me with a lot of enthusiasm. I'm very much looking forward to this coming Wednesday's study as well. I think this is going to be a lot of fun and very interesting.

Well, this is only the half of what's been going on, but my fingers are tired - so the rest will have to wait until another day. Hope you had a safe and enjoyable halloween.

No comments: