Friday, January 18, 2008

Uninspired






So, I've been thinking I need to go out and take some photos and practice what I've been learning from my photography books I got for Christmas. I don't know if it's the freezing cold weather with blowing snow, or the new years blues, or if it's just because I caught Mike and the kids' cold - but boy, am I not seeing anything inspiring and what I've seen hasn't translated too well to print. Maybe it's just like when someone messes with your baseball swing - or golf swing - it takes a bit to get the hang of the new changes. Anyway, after going out running errands while Katie was in school, I had 20 minutes extra - so I popped out my camera (and yes, I take it with me when the kids are in school in hopes I will happen across something interesting) and started driving through the older part of town. There was a pretty neat looking arbor that must've been 100 feet long - but it didn't translate to film - or I wasn't able to capture it in the camera like I saw it in my mind. There was also a neat street filled with towering trees - it also didn't "translate" well. Then I came across the Country Club Golf Course and that's where I captured these 2 photos. Can't decide if I like the color or the black/white. You tell me which one, if any, you like better. Oh, and for those of you who are extremely analytical - yes, these are 2 different photos - hence the difference in placement of the tree in the foreground. Figured they were close enough though for this.

No comments: