Can you say brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr?! We got up this morning and the actual temp was -3 with a wind chill of -21! All local schools are cancelled for the day, so I've got 2 cooped up rugrats going stir-crazy.............as am I! I forgot from last year how depressing it gets when you can't go outside. Guess I'll be pulling out some fabric and attempting another quilt!! Hey, last year's may not have been pretty, but since I made it in about a twin-bed size, we all fight over it cause it covers your entire body from shoulders to beyond the toes! I'm thinking I may make this next one pink so that Mike won't be so inclined to use it! LOL!!!
Mike has been working diligently on tv stand #2. We (ok, he) decided that the first one was so good that we'd (yes, another he) put it downstairs in the basement with the bookcases and have a complete matching set and make a new one for the family room. Our entertainment center that was downstairs in the basement has now been............"repurposed". Ok, so Mike sawed it in half. I need a sewing/crafting table and the storage in that thing is fabulous, but too tall. So, he sawed it in half and now its top half is my knee hole space for sewing and the other half of it is the cabinet used to store all my gadgets and such. I freaked out a bit (ok, more than a bit) when I came home and he had sawn the center in half without so much as asking me - but now I agree it is pretty cool. Although, I am a bit nervous to leave the house now for fear of what he'll chop up next in his winter boredom stage............
On the bright side of all his wood-working projects - it was pretty dog-gone cold here Sunday (high of 10 and we thought THAT was cold!) and we had a case of Duraflame logs; however, instead of using those, Mike decided to use all his leftover oak pieces from his furniture building projects. I have to say, oak burns pretty darn good and boy what a difference in the amount of heat oak puts out versus a Duraflame log! Of course, I did feel a bit like a homeless squatter using whatever I could get my hands on to build a fire and stay warm! The kids thought it was cool though - I think that was their first "real" fire they have ever seen.
Time to go and crawl under a blanket and see what trash is on tv during the daytime!
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment