Today is Friday the 13th............and it's my birthday. yippee. It's been a hectic week of Vacation Bible School for Zach, speech for Katie, doctor's appointments for me, play dates for the kids (just wish they were for me!) and loads of other stuff. I planned today to do nothing. I knew with it being my birthday that I just wanted to do nothing for a change - so I am.
The day started off just great. Mike and I have a contest, since we both have loads of excess weight, where he has to lose 3 pounds to every one pound I lose. Not sure what the winner gets - but I bet the winner will figure it out when they hit their target weight. We weighed Wednesday morning and wrote it on a piece of paper. Mike got on the scale this morning and he had dropped almost 5 pounds - I dropped 1/2 a pound. Yippee - thanks for starting my birthday off with depression!!! So after I dropped Zach off at VBS, Katie and I came home and went for a walk around the neighborhood. I didn't take the stroller since she was about to go into a drop-down tizzy over it going with us. Well, we didn't make it halfway when she said her legs hurt and wanted me to carry her..............all 40 pounds of her! Yeah, right! I looked down before picking her up and lo and behold, there was a big rock just perfect for kicking - thanks God! I showed it to her and we were able to play 'kick the rock' most of the way home. I did end up carrying her part of the way - I guess that should help me to burn some calories! It was fun playing a game with just my daughter - girl bonding time! She has such a funny personality and just has such a complete joy for life that it does my heart good. Hope she's still this way at 13!! LOL!
I have new leg braces once again. These are the ones that I should have gotten originally. They seem to be working better - but who knows until I wear them for a while. We are still working out the kinks in them and have been back and forth to the orthotist getting them adjusted here, there and everywhere. The bright side is these are bright white - so at least they match the pigment of my legs perfectly! LOL! They also had a pretty high heel to them to keep my knees from locking when I walk - problem was, I felt like Gene Simmons from KISS trying to walk on stilts! The heels got shaved down and things are better. The braces should help my leg and backside tone though. Since I can't straighten my legs completely then it works the heck out of the inner thigh and buttock! Mike is excited over the possibility of me having "Buns of Steel"! LOLOL! Try it sometime - walk around with your knee slightly bent - it doesn't burn in the first couple of minutes - but within 5 minutes you'll be begging for a chair!!! LOL!
Friday, July 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment