Sunday, July 29, 2007

Geneaology

The geneaology bug has hit me yet again. This time I decided to see what I could find out online. What with the advances in the internet and the wealth of information that's now available at your fingertips, why wouldn't some of this public information be available. Well, holy toledo, I have hit the jackpot! I signed up on the website Ancestry.com and have been able to trace a great number of ancestors back to the 1200-1300's. Pretty dog-gone cool! I can see that I am, in essence, a european mutt. I thought my lineage would be the UK - but have discovered German, French, Italian and even Israeli bloodlines. Of course, I did discover that while my parents always have called me the "Princess" and my mom the "Queen" - our titles really are deserved. We are actually descendants of the English Throne and the Italian Monarchy. Wow! That's some interesting lines. Of course, there are quite a few coal miners and farmers in there as well. That must be where I got my no-nonsense attitude from! LOL! I have started Mike's family tree as well, but it's quite a bit harder as no one in his family goes by their given name. I'm in the process of figuring out what their nicknames actually stand for. The bright side is, I've connected with some of his extended family members in other parts of the country and they are sending me more info. I can't wait to see where we go.............it's just fun to me. I guess I'm just weird in that I like to see what kind of people made up the people we are today. I'll let you know what I find out - though Mike's employees are pretty sure he came from Mars................

No comments: