My baby boy's first day of Kindergarten was this past Thursday. It took all Mike and I could do not to cry just walking out of the house and getting into the car to go to school! Once we got to school, Zach was excited and nervous. He left us without so much as a hug and went to sit on the floor on a mat. He waved good-bye to us with eyes as big as saucers and I just wanted to grab him and run to the car as fast as I could - but I didn't. Mike had tears in his eyes and we made a fast exit. Lucky for me, Katie had speech, we had to drop my car off at the shop, pick up Mike's truck so I'd have wheels while mine was being serviced and then have just enough time for lunch and to pick Zach up from his first day of school. It was more hectic than I thought - but I made it everywhere on time. Zachary had a terrific first day and loves his teacher. She older and has a very loving, grandmotherly persona - and like a good grandmother, doesn't take any crud off him. She laid down her rules and he's following them - so far. He seems to already have a great respect for her, so hopefully that will continue and we'll have a terrific year.
As far as my car, well, we'd discovered on my birthday that my car was leaking a funky colored substance - not quite the color of fresh oil and not quite transmission fluid green. It took over a week to get it in, with the kids being sick and all. Well, we got the verdict late in the day on my 8 year old Honda Odyssey, the transmission was shot. Honda had extended a special warranty on the transmission due to an "out of court settlement" over the transmission which covered the transmission for 7 years, 9 months, or 100,000 miles after purchase. I was at 7 years, 9 months, 10 days and only 84,400 miles. My stomach sank when the advisor told me of the 10 day overage in time, he said it was a first for the dealership - that it was always the mileage that went over - not the ownership time. I could see the writing on the wall but went ahead and said a quick prayer for help. The advisor then told me that he'd called his district manager and asked for the warranty coverage and that it might take a few days to receive an answer. I explained to the service advisor how this was the 3rd Honda I had owned since I started driving 25 years ago, and that all service on my vehicle had always been done at Honda dealerships. He was impressed with the fact that all service had been done only by Honda - and even was able to access all the records and then called his district manager back, as well as corporate Honda, and within 20 minutes, he had the approval to replace the transmission for free under the warranty. Thank you Jeff (service advisor) for you going beyond the call of your job and Thank you LORD! I can't, and don't even want to imagine the cost to replace that transmission - but I'm sure thousands of dollars would've been required. This certainly made that Friday the 13th birthday a whole lot better and brightened my attitude tons. Heck, to celebrate I mopped my floors this weekend! LOLOLOL!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment