Wow! Where did the week go???? This week has been a bit crazy and yet the weather was absolutely gorgeous. It has been such a long time since we have been able to be outside and actually enjoying the weather that we did it all week long! We had a picnic every day after school with Zach's friends at the park/playground. As soon as we would get home, it was time to get Katie in bed for her nap and then off to doing house chores. Zach also had a school field trip to the local children's museum this week. It was pretty fun. The kids got to pet a turtle and a corn snake (ew!), as well as dig for dinosaur bones. The dig was definitely the highlight for both kids! It was also the week for me doing our HOA newsletter, which in a moment of boredom last summer I decided I would have time for. Obviously I had been out in the sun for too long and must've been delusional! Anyway, lots of drama there and was almost like writing for a soap opera - but at least it kept me entertained! LOL! I've taken loads of photos this week but haven't spent the 2 minutes it would require to download them. Will hopefully do that tomorrow when I start doing some much needed laundry. Zach didn't seem to like the idea of having to turn his underwear inside out for school this next week - imagine that?!
Today also saw the end of the school dilemma. We got Zachary's school assignment in the mail today and he will be attending Kenwood Elementary. It's a smaller school and one that I put as our first choice. I'm glad we got it, but at the same time I wonder if maybe we should be forking out the dough for private. I guess time will tell.
The yard is finally supposed to be fixed this next week - yippee! I am so looking forward to having a yard that actually drains and isn't a swamp! It has been a long process to get the city and the builder to fix the problem, but it looks like the end is in sight! Maybe then we can have a fence that doesn't sway in the breeze from the standing water having floated the concreted posts! Not to mention having a yard the kids can play in without me having to yell 50 times to stay out of the mud puddles!
Anyway, I am looking forward to our HOA garage sale in May, which in another delusional moment I volunteered to coordinate, to get rid of a bunch of baby stuff. Katie is doing absolutely phenomenal with her potty training and we're about ready to sell the changing table! She went to the potty twice today to poo without even saying anything to us until she was done! It is so wonderful not to be changing poopie diapers!!!! Not to mention that sometime in the near future I might actually be able to carry a normal handbag and not a diaper bag filled with every household item imaginable!!!
We are still cooking at home 6 nights a week! It's unbelievable at this point that we have stuck with it! Every time I don't plan a meal and just start thinking at about 4:30 that I'm just going to call for delivery, I think about how much it costs and how much I can save - and I end up cooking. Who knew I could be such a penny-pincher!!! I'm doing really good with clipping coupons and actually using them as well. I have been saving on average of $5 per week off the grocery bill. While that doesn't sound like much on a weekly basis, the thought that over the course of a year and it adding up to $260 in savings does a lot to spur me on! A couple of weeks ago I saved just shy of $10 in coupons. Now I really had a bounce in my step after doing that shopping trip! My, my how life has changed in the past 20 years and what thrills me now I would have thought was just so "domestic" years ago! LOLOLOL!!
I went to a Mary Kay party this week as well. Not much has changed in the way they do things for the past 20-30 years. I did try a wrinkle cream that seemed to make my wrinkles disappear. Guess only time will tell on that one - but it sure can't hurt - and time seems to have been marching right across my face creating crows feet! One thing hasn't changed in all of my life though. My thrill and drive to eat chocolate! Now there's something that has stayed the same regardless of time! Nothing like taking a minute (or maybe 30 seconds) and enjoying a candy bar without the kids around. Speaking of that - just got the kids to be so it sounds like a good time to sign off and go eat some chocolate ice cream! You know, we do need our calcium to prevent osteoporosis! LOLOL!
Saturday, April 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment