With Zach's birthday comes his annual physical and the nervous question "do I have to get a shot?". As with all years previous, my response is "I don't know, but if you do it will be because we are trying to keep you healthy.". He doesn't like that response, but he understands it. So Thursday was Zach's checkup. At 7 YO he is now 49" tall and 58 pounds - ranking in the 79% for each. He grew 2 inches in height, which pushed him up from last year's 75% ranking, but with all this growth he has slimmed down and moved down from last years 87% in weight. The rest of his physical went well and he's, as we suspected, healthy as a horse. At the end, we did discover that he needed the chicken pox booster - so a shot was required. He did really well and didn't even scream bloody murder, as in year's past. And he got a Spiderman sticker, so he might be asking for a shot at the next doctor's visit!
We have got Zachary's birthday party scheduled for next Saturday and we will be ice skating. Ok, so I won't be ice skating.......for obvious reasons, but the kids will - and probably Mike too. I hired a skating instructor to teach them how for the first hour - hopefully we won't have too many bruised bottoms and knees....... And I'll be on the sidelines with camera in-hand to catch all the fun and spills..........but hopefully just the fun.
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment