Tuesday, March 18, 2008

And Spring Break Begins......

So, here we go - 3 straight weeks of both kids being home for spring break. To break up the monotony, we are going to do some travelling - will tell about it when we get back. The kids are excited - as are Mike and I - since we haven't had a real vacation in 8 years! We have always gone back to DFW - and while that's wonderful - it's not a vacation.

Anyway, this week has landed me yet another Editor's Pick - 2 for this month! Yippee! There are over 19,000 entries - so to get a pick is pretty dog-gone prestigous - even if it goes no further! I've got a whole lot to learn yet, but it sure is loads of fun! Here are 2 photos I just did of some yellow roses we got from Sam's. You gotta love Sam's Club! 2 dozen roses (yes, 24 roses) for $15! The first shot was one I intentionally overexposed and then increased the contrast on in a computer program. The second one is the same yellow roses that I desaturated the color on (turned sort of black/white) and tweaked a few other knobs - so to speak. That was cool to play with!





The first one looks like roses that have been electrified - the second is just some soft, pinkish colored roses. I have enjoyed doing both.

The cold weather has finally left us for a bit. It's been in the 40's-50's - which is warm compared to the 10's and 20's! Funny how the perception of warmth has changed since we've been living here! Of course 110 still sounds dadgum HOT - no matter which way you slice it! We are definitely looking forward to some warmer weather soon - but not the tornado season that accompanies it! At least we have a basement here - the 10 inch thick walls definitely offer some protection - as long as you don't get sucked out! LOL! Too many weather-related movies for me!!

Mike has now lost 62 pounds! I am still at 15. I hate men. He looks great though and has even gotten into shopping for himself! I'm really enjoying having him unload that burden off my shoulders! The kids are growing like weeds and Easter photos are soon coming.

Here's hoping you had a Happy St. Patrick's Day and will have a blessed Easter!

No comments: