Sunday, November 4, 2007

It's Fall Ya'll!

















Finally - the 80 and 90 degree days are a thing of the past............as are the 70 degree days as well. Ah well, it's kind of nice to snuggle under a blanket, sip (sugar-free - still counting calories! LOL!) hot chocolate and wear flannel jammies again. It's really a beautiful time of year and somewhat mesmorizing as you watch the leaves dancing across the roadways. Ok, so it sounds good that way but the reality of it is the winds are blowing 40 miles an hour and those leaves are getting ripped off the trees and the only thing mesmorizing is watching the gasoline tanker trucks swaying back and forth in and out of your lane! LOL! Anyway, I took a few pictures of the fall foliage - pre-wind damage - and hope you might enjoy some of the colors with us.
I had to stop by the grocery store yesterday on my way home from getting my hair done. Mike was making turkey chili (staying on that diet can still be yummy!) and needed beans - not that we aren't already full of beans but what's chili without beans! Anyway, I got the few items we needed - see, I was going for the beans but while I was in there I saw some salad mixes on sale, some juice boxes for Katie, some refried beans for Cowboy football watching, some wheat tortillas (they're on the diet and a very yummy alternative) and some Milano Black/White cookies - not for me, mind you, but Katie loves them. Anyway, I get to the checkout counter and the cashier (a college age male) says "Did ya'll find everything you need?". Well, considering that I am in yankee-land and obviously getting acclimated, the first thing I did was look over my shoulder to see who was standing next to me. Well, duh - it was just me and then it dawned on me! I said "Of course! And where are ya'll from?" - he looked up with a big bright smile and said "Texas! and you must be too!!"! We high-fived one another and commisserated over the cold while he totalled up my groceries. It turned out to be a nice grocery store run and a pick-me-up all at the same time!

No comments: