Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Nuts!

"Ahhhh nuts!" is the new phrase coming out of my son's mouth these days. Whew! I am so glad to have this as our new phrase than many of the others that have taken residence in years past!

We have been pretty busy the past week trying to get ready for a halloween costume party at our house. I've been hanging "flying bats" and "scary ghosts" over and over for the better part of 4 days. Doesn't matter what I use, those darn creatures just keep falling off my ceilings and doorways. Zach says that our house must just be too full of Jesus and He's making all those scary creatures want to fly off and hide! Sounds good to me - though it doesn't help with my decorating dilemma. I'm ready to use duct tape - but think Mike wouldn't be too happy when it came time to replaster the walls after taking down all the decorations! You know, if it's not the inside decorations, then it's those pesky rabbits eating all of my indian corn off my front porch! Those little critters think nothing of knocking over my display to grab an ear and drag it into the flowerbed so they can get comfortable and recline in the middle of one of my plants while munching on an ear. They are like Randy Quaid from Christmas Vacation! And hey, at least Randy Quaid dumped his trailer waste into the storm sewer (ok, so it blew up, but at least the kids saw the Santa Claus yard display fly through the air!) - those rabbits leave their poop everywhere with no benefit to us! Like having to wipe 2 kids' bottoms isn't enough work, I now have to "scoop poop" before the kids can play in the yard. Yuck! Sheesh - makes me wish I had a dog again............ok, well, maybe not that far.

Katie has her Fall Preschool Open House tomorrow evening. It should be pretty interesting to see how Miss Introverted does once she gets on stage to sing in front of a couple hundred parents/grandparents. Zach loved every second of it; however, I will be surprised if she doesn't try to make a break for it. Although she loves playing like she's on American Idol - so who knows. Of course, I will be there armed with video camera in one hand and digital camera in the other. Mike will be there too, but he will be busy wrangling Zach away from the 100 different packages of cookies and other desserts that are to be eaten at the conclusion of the event! Yeah, good luck! Think I'll stick with the cameras!

No comments: