Football season is here! Mike and Zachary are ecstatic! The Cowboys played this past Thursday night and won - a moral victory at least since it was only preseason. Zachary started his football clinic on Saturday. He had quite the day. He learned the 3-point stance, how to "take a knee", throw the ball with 3 fingers on the laces, run a route and to catch a ball while running a route - pictured above. He got quite an ovation from all the parents for the diving/rolling catch he made - not to mention the high-fives from the coaches and other kids. He cracked us all up when he came up with the ball and everyone was hooting and hollering for him - he did his first touchdown dance with wiggling his fanny and knees. Cute and yet hilarious at the same time. He's ready and rarin' to go to the next practice.
This week was busy since we hosted a party for Mike's employees at our house. It was a lot of work but a lot of fun. I finally got to meet everyone that I've heard so much about. They are all nice people and we had a great time. We've got a birthday party tonight for a neighbor's son - so I should be able to "veg-out" and let someone else do the work this evening.
I also went to a "purse" party Friday night and only bought a pair of sunglasses. I'm quite proud of myself for not spending $60 on a fake Kate Spade bag - although I was greatly tempted! They sure were cute - and in all the right fall colors to boot! I'm wanting a new lens for my camera though - so don't want to waste my money on something completely frivolous that won't give me the enjoyment like my camera! Sounds goofy but I love taking photos and I love getting one that's really a great shot - though they can be few and far between! I'm getting better though and as they say, practice makes perfect...........or at least I can learn from all my mistakes.
Mike and my weight contest is still in full swing. He's working hard at losing 6 pounds since I lost 2 more. Although he may not have to work that hard since there's a brownie sundae calling my name from the kitchen!
For those who have been wondering, yes, we are still cooking at home 6 days a week. We did have a week or 2 in there where we ate out quite a bit - but that was when my car was in the shop and there just wasn't time to cook dinner, pick Mike up from work and pick up my car so we splurged on a few extra nights. Funny thing is - the kids are getting to where they really enjoy eating at home so they can go and play with their friends after dinner. You'd think with all the grilling and cooking we've been doing that we'd have lost 20 pounds by now - I'm sure all those cookies, cupcakes and brownies I've been baking don't have anything to do with it................
No comments:
Post a Comment